Thursday, February 7, 2013

mini-story of the mini-stereo and a mini-hat

Copy-Pasta of a true story of mine, because the first location will get deleted at some point and because not everyone uses that form of social media anyway. One day I felt like listening to music in the livingroom. I don't remember what I was doing in there, doesn't matter (I probably should have left this part out, but it's my story. Fuck you, I'll tell it how I want.). I take my portable stereo into the livingroom, plug it in, put in a cd and attempt to play it. It refuses to work. I open it, remove/replace the cd, close, hit play. Every time the cheeky thing tells me "no". I mean this literally, because it forms the word where the 2 digital track numbers are after it acts like it's trying to work. (Joe was there. He thought that part was funny.) Knowing this cd has worked before, I think "what's different?". Besides that it's in a different room & plugged into a different wall socket, the only difference was a small clip hat I usually leave resting on top of the mini-stereo. I know this has no technical significance, but I get it & put it on the thing anyway. You know what happened next? It played the cd. That electrical bastard just wanted its hat. I laughed so hard. It was a while ago, but I'm pretty sure I had the giggles for at least 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment