Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Guide to Playing With Looney on Team Fortress 2

I don't expect more than a few lurkers will actually read these random typings. Therefore, I seriously doubt revealing anything that is obvious to people who play with me on a regular basis will cause me any trouble in having my ass dominated in-game. In the case that it does give anyone the upper hand, consider me someone who likes a challenge or at least does on some level live up to the self-imposed-title (not name) of being the vintage lunatic.

You could check my game stats simply by looking up my username on steam or in the fug stats... and although it would tell you quite a bit, it doesn't tell you everything there is to know about playing with me. I do like to keep 1 of every weapon, so nothing is set in stone in anything I tell you, but I do have my favorites. My style/strategy changes from time to time based on who/where I play. Also, switching things up is fun as well.

Engie:
If you happened to click either of those links I set there, you'll know my primary class is engineer. If you happen to see an engineer with a pale pink ten gallon hat, chaps with matching fringe, & accompanied by a little bear (or cat), then you are most likely either looking at a spy or me. I do believe in playing friendly with other engies, unless you are not on my team. Either way, I will smack your shit with my wrench. Yes, I do turtle near my sentry, when I'm not using the gunslinger, or scoping out a new location to turtle from. If we are playing friendly/goofy & you don't see any sentries... keep out of the intel room.

My Setup:
~Pomson 6000
~Short Circut or Wrangler (stategy-based)
~#1 Southern Hospitality (great for a bloody mess), #2 gunslinger (better mobility), or #3 Eureka Effect (typically on defense only)

Response translations:
"Yeah, you got 'em all." or "Yup, all our sentries are down." actually means "You missed one." or "You did get 'em all, but I'm a fast builder."
"You missed one." translates to "You got 'em all." or "You missed one, dummy."
"DAMMIT!" means "You were successful." (Not to be confused with a less emotional "dammit" which could mean damn near anything. Also note, this can be applied to any class I use.)

Pyro:
This is a former favorite that use to be #1 for the longest time. I'll play when I'm in the mood to burn things, but there's not much to be said about my stategy. I kinda suck at pyro dodgeball, but I can reflect projectiles now & again. My setup for everything changes regularly, except my secondary is typically shotgun. I'll also play pyro-dressup, but if you see Colonal Sanders trying to fry some chicken asses, that's probably me.

Soldier:
I may have this listed third, but it is one of my primary classes to play. I don't necessarily play wreckless, so much as calculatedly wreckless. My favorite death is taking someone out with me. If I can do this with a taunt on an unaware player, even better. I'll be the one with the purple tyrant's helm. I do know how to rocket-jump, but occasionally, my coordination is a bit lacking. If I giggle over the mic when we both die, that just means I'm having fun.

My Setup:
~Liberty Launcher
~Gunboats
~Equalizer (disiplinary action, pain train, or escape plan may be substituted for stategic purposes)
Also, rocket-jumper/mantreads/equalizer setup I find fun for playing Trolldier, but only when I feel I can pull it off (even if I really can't).

Spai:
Spies are sneaky & a spy that's not, is a dead spy. My primary setup is the Saharan Set. I do enjoy the near-silence of de-cloaking behind my prey, killing them in one hit, & (sometimes) listening to them complain how I scared the crap out of them. Because of this, I also switch watches between lives, to keep people guessing. If dealing with turtle-engineers or razorback-snipers, I'll likely change my setup completely, but I don't think it's consistant enough to bother saying what that setup is. When I'm in the mood, I'll use a french accent over the mic. This includes mocking opponents, bluffing, and French cursing. The real question is which one I am doing at any given time.

Scoot:
I use this when I want to play fast-paced. I can either play 'seriously' or melee-only killing. Melee killing tends to mean I'm experimenting with different setups, but basically I'm mostly running around smacking people with whatever the hell I happen to have in my hand. Serious or not, if I see an unaware sniper (or any class) & I have the right melee weapon, I do feel very compelled to taunt that person back to thier respawn. Also, I wear the old skull.

The "Serious" Setup:
~Force-a-Nature
~Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol (previously Bonk)
~Atomizer

Doktor:
I heal, use blutsauger, ubersaw, & wear the blighted beak with the grimm hatte. What else is there to say?

Snipper:
I have different setups, but I don't often play with a serious one with this class (except, maybe on balloon levels). Huntsman/lemonade/bushwacka is fun enough. I wear the Anger & spy voodoo doll (not really unique, but I like it).

Demo:
I typically use oldschool demoman with random melee. Ocassionally going demo-pirate for shits 'n giggles. Jumper demo on certain maps...

Hoovy:
His fat ass is so slow, I have to be in the mood to play this class. Not much to say... Shoot people or punch them. Wear an iron jaw with random hat or bald. Yup.

No comments:

Post a Comment