Friday, August 26, 2011

Steam Makes Me Steamed

Mmmk, maybe I'm not completely pissed, but definitely irritating. Aside from the programmers that keep things running... In general, the people that run steam really irritate the shit out of me. Why the fuck do they have a contact catagory for "suggestions"? I didn't contact them with my suggestion in "other" or "miscellanious". Finally someone replied, basically telling me they don't take suggestions, go post that shit on a forum and maybe someone will read it. So again, WHY IS THERE A CATAGORY FOR SUGGESTIONS??

https://support.steampowered.com/view.php?ticketref=9192-TSZB-3102


I've contacted these people before for actual Tech-support, but whoever replies doesn't necessarily know what the fuck they are replying to. First, I must mention, it takes Valve about a week, give or take a couple days, to even respond to a question/statement.

First time, I was having trouble with TF2 crashing whenever I snap a screenshot via the built-in F12. They seemed to be trying at first, but the last response seemed to me like "Hmm, I'm stumped. I'll cut & paste a general suggestion to fix your problem." Maybe it's my fault I still have the problem for ignoring that last one, I don't know, but it seemed to me like filler to waste my time. (Note: I have since learned that crashes don't happen while out of 'game-mode' i.e. items screen.)

The second time, it was actually 2 days after reporting the first issue and before I got any response to that. There were many visual errors happening at the time, more than usual. 8 days later... They told me to send screenshots.

(Note: There are still glitches. However, they are less often and are caused by Steam sending information to the players, not an individual player's computer. "Tech Derrick" should have known this.)


In short, do research yourself and ask trusted friends for help. This will get better, faster results than directly contacting Steam. Also, be cautious with forums... anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment